We love of our beautiful and relaxing rooms at Colleges Crossing Family Practice. We hope our patients find our rooms welcoming and well equipped. We have:
- Large off-street car park area including 6 under-cover car parks and disabled parking
- Lovely grounds with newly planted gardens (thank you Mr and Mrs Hester for tending to our gardens!). Patients are welcome to wait in the garden for their appointments – just let our receptionist know you are there
- Two spacious and relaxing waiting rooms with a garden views from our main waiting area
- Good selection of reading materials (new books and magazines) for patients
- Kids’ corner with a small selection of regularly sanitised toys
- Disabled access patient toilet with right hand transfer and pull-down baby change table with nappy bin.
- Beautiful photos of animals and nature with thanks to Ian Hester for his donation.
- Fully equipped general treatment rooms – ready for skin cancer management, ECGs, lung function tests, ankle-brachial index calculation, fracture management, eye exams, wound dressings and much more.
- Private treatment room for gynae procedures including a comfortable gynae bed, skin procedures including daylight activated photodynamic therapy for sun damage, collagen induction therapy for scarring and ageing, and micro-sclerotherapy for spider veins.
- Five consult rooms fitted with the latest medical technology including pan-optic otoscopes/ophthalmoscopes and all the equipment needed to ensure an accurate diagnosis and treatment regimen can be provided by your doctor.
- On-site pathology collection operated by Mater Pathology. Mater Pathology staff are highly trained in both adult and child pathology collection, and are available from 7am – 3pm weekdays, and 7.30am – 11.30am on Saturdays. Mater Pathology will accept referrals on any brand of paperwork.
We offer a very wide variety of services at CCFP and we have not listed everything below – if you would like to know if we offer a particular service that isn’t listed, please contact us. Please note that longer appointment times may need to be booked for some services and that extra charges may apply for services such as cosmetic procedures (this is because there is no MBS rebate available for these consultations). The best way to know is to contact our reception staff who will be happy to assist.
General Family Medicine
- General check-ups including healthy men and women checks, kids check-ups, aged health assessments, driver’s licence check-ups, work medicals, prescription renewals and referrals as needed.
- Coughs and colds
- Cuts and injuries
- Advice for physical and mental well-being including management of mental health conditions
- Diet and weight loss advice
- Smoking cessation and alcohol reduction counseling
- Sexual health check-ups in a safe and inclusive environment for all
- Vaccinations – in addition to the Government funded childhood vaccinations we stock a wide variety of vaccinations on site including travel vaccinations which are available for purchase.
- Skin cancer examinations and management including minor surgery, topical field treatments and cryotherapy
- Close working relationship with local plastic surgeons who can assist with complicated skin cancer management
- Acne management including home management advice
- Management of eczema, psoriasis and other skin conditions
- Scar management including dermal needling
- Chronic wound management
- Spider vein treatments for the lower legs by micro-sclerotherapy, compression hose available on-site for purchase
- Anti-ageing treatments including peels, removal of seborrhoeic keratoses (‘age warts’) and collagen induction therapy with dermal needling
- Management of warts including plantar warts
- Management of genital skin conditions
- Thorough kids check-ups including vision checks
- Neonatal care, advice regarding infant care, feeding and development
- Vaccinations – government funded, catch-up and private vaccinations
- Child development, behaviour and mental health
- Asthma care
- Allergy management
- Care of paediatric skin conditions such as eczema
- Diagnosis and management of paediatric conditions
- General check-ups and advice
- Cardiovascular risk assessment calculations and counseling
- Blood pressure check
- Ankle-brachial index measurement (a test to check the health of blood vessels)
- Management of chronic cardiovascular conditions including previous myocardial infarction, chronic heart failure and peripheral vascular disease.
- Respiratory health exams
- Spirometry (measurement of lung function)
- Formulation of asthma management plans (adults and children)
- Smoking cessation advice and counseling
- Management of chronic lung conditions including COPD.
- Diabetes checks and management
- Blood glucose testing
- Risk factor modification counseling
- Management of skin conditions associated with diabetes
Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Contraception options including IUD advice, Implanon insertion, depot injections, oral contraceptive pill and emergency contraception
- Counseling regarding pregnancy options
- Antenatal and postnatal care, including Anti-D vaccinations for women with Rhesus negative blood types.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling
- Fertility counseling and management
- Healthy woman checks including cervical screening, breast checks and STI screening
- Management of peri-menopausal symptoms
- Travel advice, prescriptions and vaccinations – we have a wide variety of vaccinations available for purchase in our clinic.
- Risk stratification and referrals for bowel cancer screening
- Management of chronic bowel conditions such as coeliac disease, ulcerative colitis and crohns disease (in addition to specialist care)
- Management of common childhood gastrointestinal concerns including infant reflux and recurrent abdominal pain