4 days ago
Hey team Karana Downs, please seek a telehealth review (NOT face to face) if you have any covid19 symptoms (sore throat, cough, runny nose, sore ears, gastro, fever) and stay home. There are so many horrific stories about what will happen if we don't. This is from one of my colleagues (with consent) this morning:
Interviewed a UK GP this morning, some of the stories are quite shocking:
1. GP Home Visiting Services finding young people dead (30s and 40s) at home with presumed COVID.
2. GP Practices having to shutdown due to lack of staff - whole practices with COVID.
3. Non-GP Specialists eg Consultant Dermatologists volunteering to do ICU NURSE shifts.
4. ICU Ratios of 1 nurse to 5 patients.
5. Even frontline health professionals who are doing all this work being prevented from accessing 2nd dose vaccine (as they are going for 12 week dosing not 3/4) despite putting themselves in harm's way whilst volunteering to do very high risk work.
Firstly, I feel so sad for our colleagues overseas. This GP broke down and shared how helpless she feels.
Secondly, I feel so lucky and grateful to live where do and for the response Australia has had so far. But we, both as professionals and as a society, must all keep up our guard, this is a long way from over. ... See MoreSee Less